Friday 13 February 2009

For Queen Camille

Flower unfurled in full bloom
Nectar pot, full of honey
You are the queen bee, I the soldier
Standing alert to serve my queen
Mother of my young son
Keeper of my heart
Warmer of my soul
Like wine, you age with grace
Full bodied and firm
Skin aglow like a cask basking
In the noonday sun
Eyes bright, like a star in full glow
Smile, and let my heart flutter again
Like it did at the beginning
When our feet danced to the lover's song
And our souls became entwined
Time has since passed
Waters have flowed
Yet our love has grown warmer, and larger
Like dough leavened in the stove
Like seeds watered in well fed earth
I ask, watch the night sky tonight
When you see a firefly illumine the night
Close your eyes and see me
I am the speck of light that reflects your glow
I am the echo that sings back your tune
Mine is the ring that binds your arm in a firm embrace
Yours is the band that circles my soul in eternal love.

- Malcolm Fabiyi

No comments:

Post a Comment